Here’s a listing of sites that I regularly turn to for, well, news and information. Some are mainstream, some are Progressive and some are Conservative.
- The Nation: The venerable progressive news source.
- Mother Jones Magazine: Great investigative articles.
- Utne Reader: Wonderful digest of progressive topics.
- The Progressive Magazine: Another standard-bearer.
- Talking Points Memo: Great source of progressive news and analysis.
- Media Matters: The liberal watchdog of conservative media. Sometimes they go a little over the top, but generally provide good information.
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post.
- The Wall Street Journal.
- The National Review.
- Oh For Goodness Sake: Hands down, the best site for tracking and keeping abreast of the Birther Movement.
- The Rude Pundit: “Proudly lowering the level of political discourse,” is the tagline, and they do it well. And with very colorful language.
- FiveThirtyEight.com: Self-described as a site whose mission is “(m)ost broadly, to accumulate and analyze polling and political data in way that is informed, accurate and attractive. Most narrowly, to give you the best possible objective assessment of the likely outcome of upcoming elections.” And they do a pretty good job of it, too.